I have already posted this, but have fine tuned it so that you'll get more with this post.
Here are some budget hacks you can use to move your financial life towards the level you'd like to be living with. Here is a list of 30 things you can take action on right now to get a jump start.
1. Want to redecorate your home? Why buy stuff at full price? Purchase used and new decor items on Mercari at a discounted price. (get $10 off your first purchase by clicking on this link HERE)
2. Items you don't wear, haven't worn in quite a while, or are no longer the right size? Sell them. Selling/consignment of your lightly used clothing.on places like Poshmark. (Use code NTASHACALL and get $5)
3. Need or want new wardrobe items? Don't pay full price and get the amazing wardrobe you really want. Buy new and used clothing from sites like Poshmark. (Use code NTASHACALL and get $5)
4. Don't buy things full price. Always use a coupon or coupon code. Do a search online for a "promo code" or "coupon".
5. Use sites to get money back on each purchase.
The best are
Ebates (click HERE)
Top Cash Back (click HERE)
Be Frugal (click HERE)
iBotta (click HERE)
6. Scan your grocery receipts for cash and rewards. It takes only moments and you get nicely rewarded.
Fetch Rewards (use code K8XTX)
7. Keeping a clean and organized home helps you to save money by knowing what you have, therefore no duplicate purchases, easier meal planning, better rotation of consumables.
8. Don't purchase DRY CLEAN ONLY clothes. Dry cleaning is EXPENSIVE!
9. Include birthdays and holidays in your budgeting. You know these events are coming. Start now to put money away specifically for those dates.
10. Ditch cable and replace it with Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. You WILL NOT miss the commercials!
11. Use Pick Your Own to find fresh produce near you for less because you pick it. You will save a bundle and get much better produce, much more fresh.
12. Experience a stay-cation, staying at home and doing things locally. You'll save money, and you will see things and do things that you have not seen or done before.
13. Refinish old furniture, instead of buying new. You can find great finds, some with easy fixes. You'll find them in the classified section, on the Facebook Marketplace, and other such locations.
14. If you are not using it, unplug it. You'll save on electricity.
15. Make meals that you can make extras of, that can be frozen and quickly pulled out and heated instead of going out to eat. Create meal plans that make enough for leftovers to be there for lunch as well.
16. Use your cell phone until it is worn out, instead of getting a new one each year. This will save you a lot of money. Those "deals" are not that great. They will keep you in debt with payments.
17. Trade in your old cell phone for credit, or sell it prior to getting a new one. Don't let them just sit and collect dust. That is money that should be in your pocket and a phone that someone else could use.
18. Use the library for new books to read and movies to watch.
19. Sell your used books at Sell Back Your Book.
20. Trade your used books at Amazon, Paperback Swap, Book Mooch
21. Swap babysitting with other parents you trust in your area so that you don't have to spend money on babysitting. Trade with those in your playgroups. Trade with those in your neighborhood. Trade with your extended family.
22. Check your local classifieds for used furniture, decor, clothing, Halloween costumes, and other seasonal items. You may even find some items for free so always check those listings.
23. Get a free energy kit that will save money on electricity.
24. Trade in your electronics at Best Buy.
25. Borrow other people's ladders, rakes, and other things instead of buying those things. Be ready to return the favor.
26. Reuse, repurpose, wear out.
27. Buy a used vehicle instead of new. The new cars value drops after it leaves the lot.
28. Avoid getting a gym membership. Exercise at home with affordable weights, treadmill, YouTube videos, and getting outside for walks.
29. Stay clear of credit cards if possible. This will lessen the temptation to purchase.
30. Find free online courses, instead of paying for ongoing education or for something new.
Leave a Reply.