winter lip care
One of the major signs of a seasonal change is dry, chapped lips. You know the symptoms. You smile and crack goes your lips skin...ouch! Flaking. Uneven lipstick. Uneven lip line. No fun.
The air is cold, dry outside. The heat is dry and warm inside. This plays havoc with your skin. The lip skin is thin and delicate. But, it's usually the last to get covered up.
Here are some steps you can take to care for your lips during this rough lip season.
1. Flaking or peeling...don't rub, peel or brush your lips. This usually makes the problem worse.
2. Do not lick your touch your lips. Saliva has enzymes that help with food digestion. These enzymes just make your lips more dry and cracked.
3. Drink a lot of water and eat a healthy diet. The quality of what you put inside your body always shows on the outside of your body.
4. Don't use products on your lips that contain menthol, camphor or eucalyptus. These ingredients only make your lip problems worse.
5. Remove all makeup before bed. This will help your lip skin breathe.
6. Treat your lips at the first sign of problems including flaking and cracking. This will avoid larger problems.
7. Massage your lips with healthful oil. This will help improve blood circulation and will moisturize your lip skin.
8. Treat the area with balm that includes natural, nurturing ingredients.
9. Wear lipstick when going out. This will provide a layer of protection against the elements.
10. If your lips crack, flake, become sore and nothing works to heal them, be sure to get into your doctor. Being miserable all season is not fun. Don't suffer.
XO Balm will soothe your Winter skin like nothing else.
XO Balm treats dry, rough, sensitive or irritated skin with an effective combination of 100% natural ingredients. Suitable for the relief of eczema, contact dermatitis, and cracking from severe dry skin.
The creamy balm texture instantly hydrates and soothes, leaving a lasting protective barrier with a matte finish to nourish, protect and strengthen. XO Balm is fragrance and preservative-free making it suitable for sensitive skins.
Perfect for soothing chapped lips, nourishing dry hands and cuticles, as well as moisturizing split ends. Beautifully nourishing and hydrating, a little goes a long way!
Here are the ingredients.
XO Balm is made from a blend of nature’s most effective ingredients in fighting dryness and irritation.
Leave a Reply.