Ah, the joy of simplicity. But, how do you accomplish the simplification of enough of your life to feel like you have more space, more time, for the things that matter most? Here are 40 things you can do to simplify your life now.
1. Evaluate your time. What are you doing with your time? Is your time being used wisely?
2. Learn to say no. Saying no will free yourself up for things that matter.
3. Simplify your wardrobe. You don't need a lot if you buy consciously. Pieces that can be used in a variety of ways with a few accessories are all that you need.
4. Spend time alone. Learn to love the quiet.
5. Be present. Don't live in the past. Don't live in the future. Live in the now with optimism for the future.
6. Establish routines. When you know what to expect, you find space, you find room for more of the wonderful things life has to offer.
7. Empty your email box regularly. It will help you to declutter your mind.
8. Simplify your goals. Know your path. Know where you want to be. Make steps to get to the goals. Don't set so many goals that you cannot possibly reach any of them and get overwhelmed in the process.
9. Live closer to work. If you live closer to work, you will spend less of your time on the road.
10. Consume less. By consuming less, you save money. You will also save time in how much time you spend shopping.
11. Use automatic deposit.
12. Auto pay your bills.
13. Simplify your budget.
14. Carry less stuff. If you carry less, you can keep your mind on the present.
15. Use only one purse. You'll save time and money.
16. Give yourself rewards throughout the day.
17. Quality. Not Quantity.
18. Pick three of the most important tasks to get done in your day.
19. Single task. There is no such thing as multi-tasking well.
20. Learn to decompress. This will clear your mind of the clutter.
21. Exercise. It will help you burn off stress and help make you stronger and more able to take care of the things that matter.
22. Eat healthy. Skip the junk. The junk costs money AND your health.
23. Create a dinner menu. Meal planning will streamline your purchasing schedule and alleviate the mystery of what to have for dinner.
24. Live frugally. Living frugally keeps your mind and home clear of unnecessary clutter.
25. Clear your desk. Whether at your office away or in your office at home, having a clear desk will help clear your mind.
26. Create a cleaning schedule. You'll be able to keep a routine and your family will know what their chores are and which day to do them.
27. Purge and declutter. If you have a lot of stuff that you don't use, it will clutter your home and clutter your mind.
28. Limit your media consumption. Less commercials equals less shopping. Less media equals more time for what matters. Cut the cable. By using apps like Hulu and Netflix, you have to option not to have commercials, and you won't be paying for a hundred channels you don't actually want.
29. Limit your commitments. By limiting your commitments, you create space and time for things that matters.
30. Pay off your debt. This will help clear out some of the mental clutter.
31. Be positive. Don't waste your time being negative.
32. Add reminders to your phone calendar. The reminders will help to declutter your mind and keep you on the top of your game.
33. Practice gratitude. Being grateful allows you to see an abundance you already have so that you can shop less, saving you time and money.
34. Create slow cooker meals.
35. Unsubscribe from emails.
36. Prepare lunches to take to work instead of eating out.
37. Make a plan for tomorrow tonight. Review your to-do list. Review appointments. Evaluate your time and how you want to spend it.
39. Forgive and make amends.
40. Cut out toxic people. Create boundaries, healthy boundaries.