There is so much happiness traveling to our beautiful national parks. So much joy can be found in visiting tropical rain forests and blue mountains.
Did you know that finding joy and happiness in the everyday can radiate beauty. It really can make you look more beautiful.
Happiness makes people beautiful, and not the other way around.
But, how can you find happiness? Well, it's a personal experience, but first you may consider writing a gratitude journal. Here are 10 other things that will help you find happiness and get the beauty you are seeking.
1. Write in a gratitude journal on a daily basis.
2. Get outside and appreciate the colors of the flowers, the sky, the feeling of the sun rays, and all of the sensory experiences you get from being outside.
3. Gather a support network. Your support network, support group, is a group of people would will be there for you through the good and the bad times. If you have an emergency, they would be there. If you got a promotion, they would take you out to celebrate. This is a two-way street, so you must also be willing to do those things to support them.
4. Declutter your home. Whether you are living in an apartment, a home, or just have your own bedroom, declutter. This helps your mind become more at ease, which helps you to smile and radiate the joy of less stress and more ease.
5. Exercise. Yoga is my favorite exercise, because it is so kind to your body and connects with both the body and the mind. However, exercise in general is a great way to show your beauty. It gets rid of toxins, gives us a boost in happiness, and generally makes ones outlook a lot more positive. Positive=beautiful.
6. Give other people compliments. Make a point to tell others about the positive things you see in or on them. You will be giving them positive energy, which then mirrors back to you, making you more beautiful.
7. Quit complaining. Complaining only emphasizes the negative and reinforces that you feel bad. Instead, write more in your gratitude journal, get outside and take a walk, meditate, serve someone in need. Get out of your own head and take some positive action. This will reinforce the good around you, which will then come back to you ten fold.
8. Limit how much you watch the news. As we all know, what gets reported on the news is typically only negative. Much of this is repeated over and over, with emphasis. We all like to know what is going on, but you can get a lot of it by scanning the headlines. Do that and then get on with your day by doing something good. Write in your gratitude journal. Meditate. Give service. Give compliments. After the negative, you have to reinforce the positive.
9. Eat good food. Now, I don't mean that you should eat only hamburgers, or chocolate. I mean, eat food that is dense in nutrition. Someone who eats right tends to radiate beauty. This beauty comes from the inside. If you don't treat your body well, your beauty will definitely fade.
10. Feed your soul. Find a belief in something bigger than yourself. It doesn't have to be named God. However, the Universe is a very big place and there are obviously things that are much bigger than ourselves in that Universe. Additionally, there is more to us than just our bodies. Our consciousness, or soul, is what lives in our bodies. If we can just grasp that the world is not just about ourselves, we can begin to work with the bigger picture, looking at other human beings with compassion, helping one another along in this very challenging world of ours. That is one thing that makes people the most beautiful.
Leave a Reply.