What are some budget hacks you can use to move your financial life to the next level during this upcoming year? Here is a list of 30 things you can take action on right now to get a jump start.
1. Purchase used and new decor items on Mercari. (get $10 off your first purchase by clicking on this link HERE)
2. Selling/consignment of your lightly used clothing.on places like Poshmark. (Use code NTASHACALL and get $5)
3. Buy new and used clothing from sites like Poshmark. (Use code NTASHACALL and get $5)
4. Don't buy things full price. Always use a coupon or coupon code.
5. Use sites to get money back on each purchase.
The best are
Ebates (click HERE)
Top Cash Back (click HERE)
Be Frugal (click HERE)
iBotta (click HERE)
6. Scan your grocery receipts for cash and rewards
Fetch Rewards (use code K8XTX)
7. Scan ALL of your receipts for cash and rewards
8. Don't purchase DRY CLEAN ONLY clothes.
9. Include birthdays and holidays in your budgeting.
10. Ditch cable and replace it with Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime.
11. Use Pick Your Own to find fresh produce near you for less because you pick it.
12. Experience a stay-cation, staying at home and doing things locally. You'll save money, and you will see things and do things that you have not seen or done before.
13. Refinish old furniture, instead of buying new.
14. If you are not using it, unplug it.
15. Make meals that you can make extras of, that can be frozen and quickly pulled out and heated instead of going out to eat.
16. Use your cell phone until it is worn out, instead of getting a new one each year. This will save you a lot of money.
17. Trade in your old cell phone for credit, or sell it prior to getting a new one.
18. Use the library for new books to read and movies to watch.
19. Sell your used books at Sell Back Your Book.
20. Trade your used books at Amazon, Paperback Swap, Book Mooch
21. Swap babysitting with other parents you trust in your area so that you don't have to spend money on babysitting.
22. Check your local classifieds for used furniture, decor, clothing, Halloween costumes, and other seasonal items. You may even find some items for free so always check those listings.
23. Get a free energy kit that will save money on electricity.
24. Trade in your electronics at Best Buy.
25. Borrow other people's ladders, rakes, and other things instead of buying those things. Be ready to return the favor.
26. Reuse, repurpose, wear out.
27. Buy a used vehicle instead of new. The new cars value drops after it leaves the lot.
28. Avoid getting a gym membership. Exercise at home with affordable weights, treadmill, YouTube videos, and getting outside for walks.
29. Stay clear of credit cards if possible. This will lessen the temptation to purchase.
30. Find free online courses, instead of paying for ongoing education or for something new.